Venue Coordinator vs. Day-of Coordinator
So, you've booked your venue! Congrats, as this was a huge check in the box and one of the biggest steps of wedding planning! Per the conversation you had with the venue salesperson or the contract they gave you, you may have seen that the venue sometimes provides a coordinator. Don't be fooled! This could mean that there is someone on-site that will help with the flow on the venue's behalf. But, who has YOUR back?
There are several things that day-of coordinator will do that a venue coordinator won't. For example...
- Arrange table settings and decor
- Usher guests to where they need to be (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and send-off)
- Meet and greet vendors such as hair & MUA's, photographers and videographers
- Help florists, photobooths, bakeries, furniture rentals, catering with placement
- Cue DJ for announcements
- Direct you and your family on where to go for your photo sessions
- Call your transportation to ensure arrival for send-off
- Ensure vendors are paid their balances at the end of the night
I can tell you with certainty that if I were hired, I would take care of all of the above and more. It is important to know that the venue is doing what's best for the venue, and I will do whats best for YOU.